Lord a'mercy. Is there anything worse than bad jazz? I mean, this is really bad.
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate jazz, good jazz, when I'm in the right mood. If it's really good, it can get you into the mood for jazz whether you will or no. But bad jazz has that unique ability to make me want to run screaming for the hillside.
Part of it, I'm sure, is environmental. I came down to my local pub for a chill Sunday evening pint, and instead there's this quartet freaking out at top volume in a nearly empty bar. Sigh.
Still, happily the remedy's not far away. My friend's playing blues in the bar down the street and should be starting soon. Saved!
(Yet again, my phone ate my blog post last night, so here 'tis. File it under the 'better late than never' category.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment